Meerilinga is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity that promotes the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child; working with children, their families, early childhood professionals, planners and the community to raise the status of children in Western Australia.
Meerilinga’s association with children dates back to 1911, to the pioneers of the kindergarten movement and the early learning advocates for children’s interests in this state.
Today, recognised for excellence in promoting and supporting the education, care and wellbeing of children, and providing a diverse range of professional resources and support to children, the health sector, the education sector, child protection, parents, the community and volunteers, Meerilinga aims to improve the quality of life for the children of Western Australia through:
- Participation – involving children in the decision making process
- Support – for organisations advancing the development of young children
- Advocating – for the well-being of WA’s young children
- Services – for parents/families, industry professionals and students
- Research – into world wide trends in policy and practice as it relates to children
- Best Practice – contributing through significant project outcomes
If you would like more information regarding Meerilinga please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org