Employment and Volunteering
Jobs that make a difference
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meerilinga.
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and generic resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Position Title: Early Childhood Training and Assessment Officer
Program: Education Services
Location: Central / Mobile
Reports to: Senior Coordinator, Resource Services
Start Date: January 2014
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Classification: Community Services Employee Level 4 - 6
Full time - 12 Month Contract
The Training and Assessment Officer will be responsible for using current training packages and accredited courses to support high quality training and assessment practices. The position will also in assist in developing the college training and assessment programs, adhering to the Australian Quality Training Framework, Meerilinga strategic and business plan, contractual requirements and policy and processes.
Meerilinga Young Childrens Foundation Inc. trading as Meerilinga Training College (RTO 6000) is a not-for-profit organisation offering nationally recognised training and assessment and professional development services.
Located at our head office in West Leederville, we are seeking a dynamic, motivated experienced Trainer and Assessor to join our Education services team. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator Resource Service, the successful applicant will have:
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Sector
- Qualification in Training and Assessment
- Time management and decision making skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Be solution focused
- Proven experience with work place assessment , planning of learning programs , design and moderation of assessment tools
- Strong facilitation skills
- Attention to detail and organisation skills
- Demonstrated computer and technology skills.
- Maintain a current Western Australian Driver’s Licence, third party insurance and a reliable vehicle for transport for the duration of employment.
- Ability to travel and work out of hours work (evening and weekends) for occasional training, organisational and community events.
- Provide Working with Children Card and National Police Clearance Certificate on commencement and maintained for duration of employment.
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunities for professional development
- Travel allowance
Applications are to address all criteria listed in the job description and are encouraged to demonstrate ability through life and work experience.
All application to be submitted via email to email@example.com
Applications close Monday 12 January 2014.
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
Positions available include:
- Home Visiting Support
- Playgroup Support
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Deb McElhinney, Senior Coordinator Volunteering on 9489 4022 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for additional information.