Employment and Volunteering
Jobs that make a difference
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meerilinga.
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Lead Educator – Cockburn
Part-time (Tuesday and Thursday)
Located at Meerilinga Children and Family Centre Cockburn, the Lead Educator supervises and guides “Playing with Purpose” ensuring opportunities for positive learning experiences are achieved through play. To work in partnerships with families and the community, to implement quality care and education at Meerilinga.
We are seeking candidates 21 years or over with:
• A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or demonstrated equivalent.
• A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a lead role with children aged 3 - 4 years.
• Passion and desire to work with children.
• Experience in planning and delivery of high quality care and education.
• Ability to work in partnership with families and the local community.
• Reliability, flexibility and a professional standard of personal presentation.
• High level of computer skills.
• Ability to show leadership.
• Knowledge of the E.Y.L.F and the N.Q.S
• Excellent time management.
• Proficiency in Math and English at year 12 equivalency.
All applications to be submitted via email to Senior Coordinator Children and Family Services, Kath Owen firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: COB Monday 22 June 2015
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
Positions available include:
- Home Visiting Support
- Playgroup Support