Employment and Volunteering
Jobs that make a difference
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meerilinga.
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Children and Family Centre Coordinator
Part-time 15 hours per week
Location: High Wycombe
Located at our new Meerilinga Children and Family Centre High Wycombe, the Centre Coordinator performs a range of functions for the centre and community. We are seeking:
- A Diploma level nationally recognised qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care equivalent or willing to undertake Diploma traineeship through Meerilinga Registered Training Organisation (conditions apply)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coordinating service delivery environments for children and families
- A passion to work in the not for profit sector and to make a difference
- Knowledge of Early Years Learning Framework and National Education and Care 2011 Regulations, and United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Ability to network, cooperate with local services, coordinate the exchange of information and identify opportunities to collaborate meeting the needs of the community.
- Capability to build community partnerships, learn about the community, plan for change, and implement new programs and skills to support critical reflection.
- Administration, office computer and reporting skills
- First Aid, Medical, Drivers licence and reliable transport
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Opportunities for professional development
- Salary Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Community Services Employee Level 4-6
Closing date: Friday 18 September 2015.
Please send your CV addressing essential criteria to Senior Coordinator Children and Family Services: Kath Owen E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 9489 4022
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
Positions available include:
- Family Support Worker
- Playgroup Support
- Early Learning Program Support
- Handyman - light duties
Volunteer recruitment process:
- Contact Meerilinga Volunteer Coordinator to discuss potential opportunities and receive an Application Package
- Complete and submit Application Package
- Interview with Meerilinga
- Reference Check
- Working with Children and/or Police Check. Costs to be reminbursed by Meerilinga