Employment and Volunteering
Jobs that make a difference
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meerilinga.
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and generic resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Position Title: Educator
Program: Early Learning Program
Location: Meerilinga Children and Family Centre Kingsley
Reports to: Senior Coordinator, Children's Services
Start Date: 2015
Award: Children's Services Award 2010
Classification: Children’s Services Employee Level 5 Step 3 (Capped)
Located at our Kingsley Children and Family Centre, the Lead Educator supervises and guides “Playing with Purpose” ensuring opportunities for positive learning experiences are achieved through play. To work in partnerships with families and the community, to implement quality care and Education at Meerilinga.
We are seeking candidates 21 years or over with:
• A minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or demonstrated equivalent.
• A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a lead role with children aged 3 - 4 years.
• Passion and desire to work with children.
• Experience in planning and delivery of high quality care and education.
• Ability to work in partnership with families and the local community
• Reliability, flexibility and a professional standard of personal presentation.
• High level of computer skills.
• Ability to supervise staff.
• Knowledge of the E.Y.L.F and the N.Q.S
• Excellent time management.
• Proficiency in Math and English at year 12 equivalency.
In return Meerilinga offers:
• A friendly supportive working environment
• Flexible work arrangements
• Opportunities for professional development
Applications are to address all criteria listed in the job description and are encouraged to demonstrate ability through life and work experience.
All application to be submitted via email to Senior Coordinator Children's Services Deb McElhinney at email@example.com
Applications close Monday 26 January 2015.
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
Positions available include:
- Home Visiting Support
- Playgroup Support
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Deb McElhinney, Senior Coordinator Volunteering on 9489 4022 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for additional information.