Employment and Volunteering
Jobs that make a difference
Thank you for your interest in employment with Meerilinga.
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Position Title: Parenting North Coordinator
Program: Parenting Services
Location: Meerilinga Children & Family Centre Beechboro
Reports to: Senior Coordinator Children & Family Services
Start Date: April 2015
Award: SOCIAL, COMMUNITY, HOME CARE AND DISABILITY SERVICES INDUSTRY AWARD 2010
Classification: COMMUNITY SERVICES EMPLOYEE LEVEL 5 – 6.3
Overview of Position
Located in our Beechboro Children and Family Centre, the Parenting Coordinator performs a range of parenting and community development functions and will manage and oversee the following programs:
• Parenting Service North
• Aboriginal Parenting Support Service
• Beechboro Playgroups
• Bullsbooks Parenting Service (Outreach Program – located on school site)
We are seeking a candidate who:
• Has experience in supporting families using a Family Strengths Approach
• Has ability to coordinate volunteers
• Can supervise staff respectfully and competently
• Can work with other agencies and community in partnership
• Will work within organisational guidelines and delegation
• Is reliable, organised and professional
• Can work in Word, Excel, Access Office Packages
• Can work flexibility to meet the needs of families
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Expectations and terms of employment will be discussed at interview.
Download a copy of the Selection Criteria
Please send CV and cover letter to Kath Owen, Senior Coordinator of Children and Family Services email email@example.com
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
Positions available include:
- Home Visiting Support
- Playgroup Support