Employment and Volunteering
Outreach Parenting Support Service Officer
Monday & Thursday – 8.30am – 4.00pm (flextible - with a possibly of additional hours)
This role will work in cooperation with the teams in Kwinana and Cockburn. You will provide parenting support and baby weighing to the community through visits to the Gilmore Creche Program, local pharmacies, home visits and community hubs. We are seeking candidates with:
- Qualification in Nursing; Mothercraft; Community Services; Early Childhood.
- Experience in working with families and children from a wide variety of linguistic, cultural and religious background.
- Leadership and Mentoring skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge, experience and understanding of the importance of the early years, parenting research and best practice.
- Demonstrated computer and technology skills
- Maintain a current WA Driver’s License, third party insurance and a reliable vehicle for transport for the duration of employment.
- Ability to travel and work out of hours work (evening & weekends) for occasional training, organization and community events.
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Travel reimbursement.
- Fringe benefit allowance.
Salary Package - Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Community Services Employee Level 4. Expressions of Interest by email to the Senior Coordinator, Family Services Kath.Owen@meerilinga.org.au
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with. Meerilinga is committed to boosting the recognition and value of contribution by our volunteers.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga teams.
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Senior Coordinator Family Services on 9489 4022 or email email@example.com