Volunteering and Careers
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Position: Lead Educator – 36 hrs per fortnight
Location: Meerilinga Children and Family Centre Beechboro
Located at our Children and Family Centres, the Lead Educator supervises and guides “Playing with Purpose” ensuring opportunities for positive learning experiences are achieved through play. To work in partnerships with families and the community, to implement quality care and education at Meerilinga.
We are seeking candidates 21 years or over with:
- A Diploma in Children’s Services.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a lead role supporting childrens program and practice.
- Passion and desire to work with children and families.
- Experience in planning and delivery of high quality education and care program.
- Ability to work in partnership with families and the local community.
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional standard of personal presentation.
- High level of computer skills.
- Ability to show leadership.
- Knowledge of the EYLF and the NQF
- Excellent time management.
- Proficiency in Math and English at year 12 equivalency.
- Tells us about how you have implemented the National Quality Framework in a previous or current position?
- What is important to you when planning a program for children?
- Tell us about how have you previously lead a team to provide best outcomes for children and families?
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunities for professional development
- Travel allowance
Applicants are required to send a covering letter and resume addressing the selection criteria via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to high volume of applicants, only short listed individuals will be contacted.
Visit the website for more information about Meerilinga at www.meerilinga.org.au
Applications close 5 pm, Monday 23 January 2017.
We are an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available.
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with and we recognise that volunteers are valuable members of our team.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga and volunteers.
Positions available include:
- Family Support Worker
- Playgroup Support
- Early Learning Program Support
- Handyman – light duties
Volunteer recruitment process:
- Contact Meerilinga Volunteer Coordinator to discuss potential opportunities and receive an Application Package
- Complete and submit Application Package
- Interview with Meerilinga
- Reference Check
- Working with Children and/or Police Check. Costs to be reminbursed by Meerilinga
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Meerilinga Volunteering on t: 9489 4022