Volunteering and Careers
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Position: Hands-On Maintenance & Logistics
Part Time 15 hrs Initially
Position works across all Meerilinga facilities located in the metropolitan area and perform a range of programmed and unplanned maintenance as required.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Previous experience in a not for profit environment would be beneficial,
- Trade qualifications are not a pre-requisite, however some exposure to minor plumbing, carpentry or a related trade would be seen as advantageous,
- Strong communication skills to liaise with service staff and parent groups,
- A current Class Western Australian Driver’s Licence and registered vehicle is essential,
- Be physically fit as some heavy lifting will be required,
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team,
- Ability and willingness to be an effective member of the Finance and Assets Team and provide excellent support to the Senior Coordinator Finance and Assets,
- A good command of the English language, numeracy and literacy,
- Computer literacy is desirable,
- Must be able to pass a National Police check, Working with Children clearance and medical fitness certificate before commencement of employment.
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment,
- Opportunities for attaining first aid,
- Travel reimbursement,
- Fringe benefit allowance,
- Salary Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Community Services Employee Level 3 – 4.
Download the JDF Criteria Maintenance Person 2016
Applicants will be assessed on receipt until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with and we recognise that volunteers are valuable members of our team.
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga and volunteers.
Positions available include:
- Family Support Worker
- Playgroup Support
- Early Learning Program Support
- Handyman – light duties
Volunteer recruitment process:
- Contact Meerilinga Volunteer Coordinator to discuss potential opportunities and receive an Application Package
- Complete and submit Application Package
- Interview with Meerilinga
- Reference Check
- Working with Children and/or Police Check. Costs to be reminbursed by Meerilinga
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Meerilinga Volunteering on t: 9489 4022