Meerilinga Training College is committed to providing students with the highest standards of education and training in Australia.
The following is Student Information relating to the operational procedures and policies as stated in the Student Handbook.
Student Selection, Enrolment and Orientation
Appeals, Concerns and Grievance
Notice of Withdrawal and Refunds
Recognition of Prior Learning
The Enrolment Process
Exemption through prior AQF Qualification and Statements of Attainment
Issuance of a Certificate
Student Conduct and Behaviour
Meerilinga Training College will consider a student's application in a course that is available within the scope of its delivery. All applications will be assessed by the Meerilinga Education Team based on the following criteria:
- The availability of places on the course
- Receiving a complete, written Meerilinga Training College Application and all supporting documentation
- Receiving a non-refundable Administration Fee of $100 with the application
- The student has access to on-the-job opportunities to develop skills and knowledge and for assessment purposes
- The student participates in processes to access numeracy, literacy and language issues that may impact on learning, assessment, available resources or industry employment
- Meerilinga Training College's capacity to provide resources and support for successful learning and employment outcomes
Students will be advised in writing or by email of the outcome of their application.
Meerilinga Training College provides appropriate protection for the health, safety and wellbeing of its students and, without limiting the ordinary meaning of such expression, this includes support services in terms of academic counselling. Meerilinga Training College will assist with referral for interpersonal counselling, wellbeing and guidance services.
Ongoing support is offered by qualified staff via email, phone and visits.
Meerilinga Training College ensures that students and clients have access to a fair and equitable process of dealing with appeals, concerns and grievances and provides an avenue for students to appeal decisions which may affect the student's progress. This includes the student's right to appeal assessment outcomes, fees and payments and general concern. In the first instance students and clients should talk directly with the Education Team for further information.
Meerilinga Training College fees are collected according to the Training and Accreditation Council directive 'Fees Paid in Advance 2010' and 'AQTF 2010 Condition of Registration'.
Payments for any course of study attracting total fees of $1500 or more will be as follows:
- Administration Fee on application of $100 (non-refundable)
- First payment will be invoiced on confirmation of enrolment
- The balance of fees will be invoiced in advance progressively over the study period. No one payment will exceed $1000.
Meerilinga Training College has a refund policy and ensures that the financial and contractual relationship between the student/client and the organisation is fair and equitable.
A full refund (excluding the non-refundable Administration Fee) will be given:
- If a service is cancelled by Meerilinga Training College and a mutually acceptable alternative time cannot be found.
- Where a student has formally withdrawn in writing within 4 weeks of application (excluding costs of resources).
Refunds are not given;
- For resources supplied
- Where a student fails to complete assessment tasks / placements and responsibilities
- For change of mind after 4 weeks of acceptance
- Where a student defers
- Where a student does not achieve competency at the completion of study.
Students wishing to withdraw or defer courses must advise in writing their intent to Student Services. Deferral will be time limited and may incur additional fees.
For information on fees and charges, to access or request copies of your records, to define your rights under the Freedom of Information Act/Regulations, please ask the Education Team.
Meerilinga Training College students undergo a formal assessment process prior to issuance of a Statement of Attainment or Qualification.
Assessment will be on-the-job and off-the-job. It will be all or a combination of:
- Observation by peers and assessor
- Documented evidence by formal assessment and portfolio
- Interview and verbal responses directly to assessor
Assessment processes comply with Australian Quality Training Framework.
Students are provided with documentation on commencement of their course which includes information on assessment and the rights and responsibilities of the student, client and Meerilinga Training College.
All applicants may request Meerilinga Training College to assess them for recognition of prior learning. Meerilinga Training College recognises learning and competency occurs through a wide variety of opportunities including life experiences, formal and informal training, work experience and education.
Your course will be self paced. As soon as you return the fully completed application form, Meerilinga Training College will forward your Step 1 Self Evaluation booklet.
This will help you assess your own skills and guide you through the evidence gathering process. Meerilinga Training College assessors will guide your individual learning as you work towards competency.
Meerilinga Training College has registered Recognition of Prior Learning Assessors that can support you through this process.
- Contact Student Services for a Meerilinga Training College Application Form.
- If you have numeracy, literacy and/or language difficulties that may impact on learning or assessment, please supply this information to and we will endeavour to provide support.
Meerilinga Training College will recognise and exempt students from units of competency where a verified Australian Qualification Framework qualification/statement has been issued by another RTO.
Certificates of competency/statements of attainment or statement of participation will be issues as follows:
- Statement of attainment for a successful unit/s in partial completion of a qualification
- Certificate for successful completion of a qualification including RPL.
- Certificate of Participation where a student has enrolled in a course but has not been assessed, has withdrawn and not achieved competency and does not seek to proceed towards further training or assessment.
Certificates, Statements of Attainment or Participation cannot be issued until all invoices are paid in full.
Meerilinga Training College seeks feedback from our students and clients on their satisfaction with services they have received, and seeks to improve its services in accordance with student/client and industry expectations.
Formal and informal feedback evaluation is conducted throughout and on completion of a course.
For informal general feedback a customer feedback form to the Chief Executive Officer is available on all training rooms or on request from any Meerilinga staff member.
The behaviour and conduct of students is monitored and consequences are applied to ensure an appropriate learning environment can be enjoyed by all.
Meerilinga buildings and surrounding perimeters are subject to a non-smoking policy. Consumption of alcohol and unlawful substances is strictly prohibited.
Students found to be in breach of these guidelines will be immediately suspended and the appropriate guardian and/or authorities will be notified.