100 Years of Excellence
From its early roots as the Kindergarten Union of WA in 1911, Meerilinga officially opened its Kindergarten Training College in 1922. This marks the birth of Meerilinga Training College. The inauguration of the Kindergarten Training College was led by Bessie Mabel Rischbieth, who was a founding member of the Children’s Protection Society in 1906.
Mrs Rischbieth was a women’s rights activist and one of the pioneers of the kindergarten movement and the early learning advocates for children’s interests in Western Australia. Mrs Rischbieth believed in the power of education for students, the community and beyond. Meerilinga was founded on the tenancity of Mrs Rischbieth and many educators before us who gave back to the community. Their values of excellence, integrity, respect and social responsibility guide our ethos today and will endure as we empower and support the next generation of educators.
Since then, Meerilinga Training College has a longstanding tradition of producing quality educators to empower the next generation of students. Progress made during the past 100 years will be highlighted through a series of engaging content, activities, and initiatives over the next 12 months.
Join the Celebration
- Come along to our community events
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Youtube
- Share your Meerilinga Training College stories on social media and tag us #MTC100Years
- Share a memory, update, photos and videos with us
- Refer friends and family members to join Meerilinga Training College
- Join our Alumni Network
- Volunteer with us
Join our celebration by adding your photos, videos and stories. Add a Memory using the form below!
- July 18 @ 9:30 am - September 5 @ 11:30 am
- August 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- August 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- August 12 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- August 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am