Jobs that make a difference
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Meerilinga Young Children’s Foundation Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation working with children, their families and the community to promote positive childhoods. If you are looking for a rewarding position with a community focus and have the qualifications and experience to join our team we would like to hear from you.
EDUCATOR – DIPLOMA MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Monday – Friday
65 hours per fortnight
The Educator will support the Curriculum Leader with the day to day coordination of our Early Learning Programs. This role has a range of responsibilities in accordance to holding an approved diploma level qualification and organisational policies and procedures and as directed. Guided by the philosophy of “Play with Purpose” ensuring opportunities for positive learning experiences are achieved through play.
Our selection requirements are:
- We are seeking candidates 21 years or over.
- The minimum qualification relevant to this position includes a Diploma of Children’s Services or approved equivalent or Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, minimum 2 years experience.
- a working knowledge of appropriate curriculum frameworks and an ability to develop and implement a high quality educational program that reflects the diverse nature of the centre, local and wider community, based on the curriculum frameworks
- a working knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 2-5 years , including children with additional needs
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Standards, the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2012 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012
- demonstrated experience building partnerships with families
- computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet where applicable)
- demonstrated experience in the education and care of children
- demonstrated experience and ability to establish warm nurturing and responsive relationships with children and to sensitively meet their needs
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults
- demonstrated ability to work with families, children and educators in a culturally competent manner
- the ability to work cooperatively and flexibly within a team environment
- knowledge of child protection law and procedures
- well-developed organisational skills
- working knowledge of state government funding for kindergarten and data collection (if applicable).
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Opportunities for professional development training
- Travel allowance
- IT supplied
- Part uniform supplied
Applicants are required to send a covering letter addressing the selection requirements, and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to high volume of applicants, only short listed individuals will be contacted. Positions will remain open until a suitable applicant is appointed.
Visit the website for more information about Meerilinga at www.meerilinga.org.au
Meerilinga acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Ballardung, Wadjuk, Noongar Boodja, where Meerilinga’s main offices are located, and recognize their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay our respect to their cultures and to Elders past and present in the spirit of reconciliation.
We are an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available.