Jobs that make a difference
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Vacant career positions
Meerilinga Young Children’s Services Inc. is a not-for-profit charitable organisation working with children, their families and the community to promote positive childhoods. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a community focus we would like to hear from you.
ECT or Diploma
Various Locations– 37.5 hrs per week
A unique opportunity to be part of a small team of Diploma trained Educators in a pre-kindy environment. Our beautiful services are integrated within the Children and Family Centres.
Our 20 place services offers children aged 2.5 years to 4 years play based learning from 8.30am to 4.30pm, 5 days per week.
The Educator will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Curriculum planning and implementation
- Being part of a team of amazing and passionate Educators
- Collaborating with community and Educators to continue to lead an exceeding Education and Care service.
Our selection requirements are:
- We are seeking candidates 21 years or over.
- Minimum qualification relevant to this position includes a Diploma of Children’s Services (at least 2 years experience) or approved equivalent or Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
- excellent knowledge of National Quality Framework and are able to implement a curriculum with Educators at exceeding level
- demonstrated experience building partnerships with families
- demonstrated experience in the education and care of children
- demonstrated experience working with children with additional needs
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults
- demonstrated ability to work in a culturally competent manner
- the ability to work cooperatively and flexibly within a team environment
- knowledge of child protection law and procedures
- well-developed organisational skills
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Opportunities for professional development training
- Travel allowance
- IT supplied
- Part uniform supplied
Applicants are required to send via email a CV, current working with children check, and qualification/s to Leanne.email@example.com by Friday 12 April. Further documents are required and will be discussed with the successful candidate. Due to high volume of applicants, only short listed individuals will be contacted.
Visit the website for more information about Meerilinga at www.meerilinga.org.au
Applications close 12 April 2019.
Meerilinga is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all applicants will be treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to opportunities.