Volunteering and Careers
Jobs that make a difference
We advertise positions only when they become vacant and resumes will not be held on file for future vacant positions.
Vacant career positions
Meerilinga Young Children’s Services Inc. is a not-for-profit charitable organisation working with children, their families and the community to promote positive childhoods. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a community focus we would like to hear from you.
Communications & Marketing Officer
22.5 hours per week contract with immediate start
Located at West Leederville
We are seeking a creative, dynamic and motivated Communications and Marketing Officer with a passion for digital reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Marketing & Communications.This position is responsible for implementing Meerilinga’s marketing and events strategy which includes social media marketing, SEO, PPC Campaigns, reporting and evaluating through platforms like Google Analytics, development of printed marketing material and event promotions.
As a Communications & Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for sourcing and generating engaging content for internal communications as well as external eNewsletters and lead generating blogs for the Meerilinga website. You love storytelling and have experience writing attention grabbing Media Releases that connect with audiences and are picked up by local papers. You will also be crafting sharable content for social media and other owned media channels.
You are a tech native, with proven abilities in photography and videography, as you will be telling our story with unforgettable imagery. Working for a NFP, you will be able to work within a financial constraints, using your own initiative to make quality content on a shoe-string budget.
This position would suit a recent graduate or part-time worker with flexible hours for the right candidate. We are a small, close-knit team that collaborates closely together. Full support and training will be provided. This is an excellent opportunity to start or further your career in the rewarding Not-For-Profit sector.
Please address the below selection criteria:
- Communications/Marketing qualifications or similar experience
- Experience or understanding of Mailchimp or Electronic Direct Mail
- Experience or understanding of WordPress or similar
- Experience in social media campaign management
- Photography and videography experience (not necessarily in a work setting)
- Valid drivers licence and access to a car. You will be driving out to any of our seven locations to take photos and write stories
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt to varying corporate voices and audience needs
- Demonstrated high level computer and technology skills, ie. Microsoft Office; editing software
- Ability to work in a small team in a complex environment and well developed, project management, time management and problem solving skills
- Graphic design skills with experience with Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign
- Experience or an understanding of SEO/SEM
- Established network of media contacts
- Experience or understanding of Google Analytics or similar reporting platforms
- Event or promotions experience
- Experience or understanding of SurveyMonkey
- Previous experience in a marketing role
In return Meerilinga offers:
- A friendly supportive working environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training provided
- Opportunities for professional development
- Travel allowance
Email your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria to Meerilinga at email@example.com
Applications will be considered as received and interviews conducted. Applications close on the successful appointment or 29 June 2018. Due to high volume of applicants, only short listed individuals will be contacted.
Visit the website for more information about Meerilinga at www.meerilinga.org.au
We are an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available.
Volunteering with Meerilinga
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with and we recognise that volunteers are valuable members of our team.
Volunteer Community Support Workers are recruited to be involved with a range of activities including supporting children with their activities, shared supervision of children, maintaining a safe and nurturing space, promoting Meerilinga’s programs and services to the wider community and assisting program staff.
Meerilinga provides volunteers with an induction to the organisation, training specific to the role, and support from centre coordinator and senior coordinator.
Volunteer Family Support Workers are recruited to work with parents who require assistance and support with their parenting. The Family Support Worker works alongside parents with children aged birth to 18 years to enhance parenting confidence by information provision, skill building and role modelling, and supports their wellbeing and resilience by assisting to link them with local networks within the community.
The Volunteer Family Support Worker is part of the Meerilinga Parenting Service team. Meerilinga is committed to improving the quality of life for families.
- A willingness to empower parents through information, assistance and skill development
- Good communication skills
- A passion for working with children and their families
- Experience in interacting with people from differing cultures and backgrounds
- The ability to be an active team participant
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Flexibility is offered regarding days and hours of work
Location: Meerilinga Children and Family Centre Cockburn , 219 Winterfold Road, Coolbellup
Family Support Worker Training, professional development and support are provided to volunteers with Meerilinga. Social activities, friendships and local coordination bring mutual benefits to Meerilinga and volunteers.
Other positions available include:
- Family Support Worker
- Community Support Workers (supporting playgroup and early learning programs)
- Handyman – light duties
Volunteer recruitment process:
- Contact Meerilinga’s Senior Coordinator of Children, Family & Communities, Pat Hope to discuss potential opportunities and receive an Application Package
- Complete and submit Application Package
- Interview with Meerilinga
- Reference Check
- Working with Children and/or Police Check. Costs to be reminbursed by Meerilinga
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers, please contact Meerilinga Volunteering on t: 9489 4022