Meerilinga Children and Family Centres
Meerilinga Children and Family Centres
While our Children and Family Centres remain open to support our community, to minimise the spread of COVID-19 there have been significant changes to service delivery. Key updates include:
- All Playgroups have been suspended until further notice. See this message from Meerilinga’s CEO. All Playgroup families are encouraged to contact their Centre Director to find out how to join their local Facebook Group to remain connected with other families.
- All centre based events have been postponed until further notice.
- All incursions and excursions have been suspended until further notice.
- All Room Hire bookings have been cancelled until further notice.
- Face-to-Face Parenting Workshops have been suspended until further notice. Parenting support and resources can still be accessed through digital platforms with useful videos being released regularly. Contact the team by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. For upcoming online events follow South West Metropolitan Parenting Service on Facebook.
- Early Learning Programs (ELPs) remain open to support families working in essential services. Both attending and non-attending families with children enrolled in the ELP will have all fees waived from 6 April 2020 to 28 June 2020. See this message from Meerilinga’s CEO.
- Review of Meerilinga’s Risk Management Plan with a focus on Health & Hygiene practices. See the Health Message from Meerilinga’s CEO.
- All students attending classes at Meerilinga Training College (MTC) will be studying from home in a Distance Learning with Virtual Classroom Model. New classes will being in April and May as planned using this digital model. For more information regarding the MTC, email email@example.com
Meerilinga Children and Family Centres are child centred hubs for families to connect with each other and the community. Each Children and Family Centre has a variety of services for families to support early childhood development, including Early Learning Programs, Playgroups, Parenting Support & resources, Child Health Services, Speech Therapy, Toy Libraries and community groups. Meerilinga adopts vigilant a Child Safe Environment Policy. Click here to view our Child Safe Environment Policy
Equipped for every season, our centres have beautiful naturescape outdoor environments co-designed by children and families and spacious indoor areas with toys and play equipment to support children’s learning. Meerilinga Children and Family Centres are passionate advocates of environmental sustainability. For more information on our Sustainability Policy click here and to learn about Meerilinga’s Sustainability Action Story click here. Each centre has room hire available to the community, they are perfect for children’s parties, mother’s groups, community groups, support groups, study sessions, meetings and demonstrations.
Find a centre near you
Meerilinga Playgroups are the way to get in touch with other families and make lasting friendships while you negotiate the important early years of your child/children’s lives. Not only do they assist your child’s early learning and development, they also provide quality social experiences that will equip them for entering future childcare, daycare, preschool or pre-kindy programs. Our playgroups – developed through a partnership approach with parents and carers – are peer support programs, growing your knowledge, confidence, skills and expectations and empowering you with long lasting positive life experiences for both you and your child.
If you want your child to connect with other kids in their neighbourhood and the rich tapestry of cultures that make up your local community we would love you to come an join one of our unique playgroups at Meerlinga.
“The centre is amazing! I will definitely be recommending this centre to friends! It has such a warm, welcoming approach.”
Upcoming EventsWe have no coming events at this time. New events will be added soon.