Ever dreamt about spending your weekdays finger painting… and getting paid for it?! A career as an early childhood educator is one of the most fulfilling around – plus, it’s a highly in-demand industry, with childcare centres and early learning programs across Perth actively recruiting for caring, qualified staff.
According to Ceridian’s 2019 “The Australia Pay Experience Report”, approximately 38% of Australians are unsatisfied with their current job and 44% of people are actively looking for a new position. If you’re in the same boat; whether you’re keen to retrain in a new and exciting industry, are a school-leaver or are looking to re-enter the workforce after having children, enrolling to study your CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care could be your ticket to happier days.
So, how do you know if you are suited to early childhood education? Here are 5 signs you’d be an incredible educator:
- You have a passion for both teaching and learning. Children respond well to someone who is passionate, good at listening listening and responding to their learning needs.
- You are a good communicator. You’re able to communicate in age-appropriate language for children, as well as effectively communicating the child’s experiences and learning outcomes with families.
- You have the right personality. This job requires energy and enthusiasm! Learning through play-based activities means that you’re creative and good at thinking outside the box when it comes to engaging young minds in learning.
- You respect children and families. Every child and family are unique. You take on the responsibility to support each child to learn in their own way.
- You’re hardworking, dedicated and motivated to make a positive difference. This role is challenging, and some days you will encounter frustration, temper tantrums and changing plans (and that’s just the adults!). It takes a dedicated individual to know the incredible impact that your skills and positive attitude have on the future learning outcomes of our children.
Did you tick some of the above? Well, the good news is, there’s never been a better time to work towards a more satisfying career. With the new Lower Fees Local Skills initiative from Jobs & Skills WA, in 2021 you will only pay half price to study your CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. Plus. with the course only taking 30 weeks from start to finish, you could be earning money while hanging out on the swings by the end of the year!
Applications to complete your CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care with Meerilinga Training College (MTC) in Perth are now open! Study in school-friendly hours, 4 days a week from 9:30am – 2:30pm. Classes start in Ballajura, Perth, on 3rd May, 2021. More info here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9849 4022 for your free course information pack.