The start of a new year is always a great time to reassess your career goals and values. New year, new you… Right? According to Ceridian’s 2019 “The Australia Pay Experience Report”, approximately 38% of Australians are unsatisfied with their current job and 44% of people are actively looking for a new position. With the WA government’s push for affordable education opportunities, there has never been a better time to work towards a more satisfying career.
But how do you know if you are suited to early childhood education?
- You have a passion for both teaching and learning. Children respond well to someone who is passionate, listening and responding to their learning needs.
- You are a good communicator. Being able to communicate in age appropriate language for children as well as effectively communicating the child’s experiences and learning outcomes with families.
- You have the right personality. This job requires energy and enthusiasm! Learning through play based activities means that you are creative and good at thinking outside the box when it comes to engaging young minds in learning.
- You respect children and families. Every child and family are unique. You take on the responsibility to support each child to learn in their own way.
- You’re hard working, dedicated and motivated to make a positive difference. This role is challenging and some days you will encounter frustration, temper tantrums and changing plans (and that’s just the adults!). It takes a dedicated individual to know the incredible impact that your skills and positive attitude have on the future learning outcomes of our children.
If this sounds like you! Find out more about completing your CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care with Meerilinga Training College (MTC). MTC offers specialist training in early years education. New classes commence February 2021.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9849 4022 for your free course information pack.