Do you have a new bub? Have you moved to a new community? Are you looking to make new friends for your children and yourself? Then a playgroup may be the perfect answer.
There are a range of benefits to joining a playgroup in your local community. Playgroups give you a safe and happy environment for your children to play in each week. They allow children to build on their social skills and make new friends, all while potentially taking part in fun activities that they may not otherwise have the opportunity to take part in.
Playgroup benefits for children
- Helps to develop social skills as children play, share and learn together
- Take part in learning through play with structured and unstructured activities
- Provides a safe environment for children
- Gives them a chance to develop relationships not only with other children but with other parents and the playgroup facilitator
- Able to participate in community playgroup events.
Not only are they a fantastic way to get the children out of the house and participating in learning through play, but they also give you a chance to meet other people in the community who are in the same situation as you are. With the groups running for the duration of the term, you’ll meet like-minded people and potentially meet some life-long friends as your relationship grows.