Meerilinga Children and Community Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity that promotes the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. We work with children, their families, early childhood professionals, local governments, and the community to raise the status of children in Western Australia.
We began our journey as early learning advocates for children’s interests as the Kindergarten Union of WA back in 1911 and gradually grew to be the community foundation we are today.
Currently we are recognised for excellence in promoting and supporting the education, care and wellbeing of children, and providing a diverse range of professional resources and support to children, the education sector, child protection, parents, the community, and volunteers.
We do this through:
- Participation – involving children in the decision-making process
- Support – for organisations advancing the development of young children
- Advocating – for the well-being of WA’s children
- Services – for parents, families, industry professionals and students
- Research – into worldwide trends in policy and practice as it relates to children
- Best Practice – contributing through significant project outcomes
Learn more about Meerilinga at www.meerilinga.org.au
P: 08 9489 4022
Early Learning Program Enquiries:
P: 0439 599 250
Meerilinga Training College Enquiries:
P 08 9489 4022