Terms and Conditions
Promotions, Venue Hire, Playgroup and Early Learning Program
- Playgroup dates coincide with the School Term, if you are unsure of these dates please contact the Centre you will be attending.
- Parents/carers are be responsible for your child/ren at all times are we using carers of caregivers?
- Please bring a hat for your child/ren and yourself for outside play
- You must communicate important information such as allergies
- Nuts or nut products or other allergens as advised cannot be brought into the Centre
- Unwell children and adults are better to stay at home and recover
- Medications or other dangerous items must not be accessible to children – please advise your playgroup facilitator or centre Director
- Membership fees are per term not per attendance
- All fees are non-refundable
- Fees are a standard price for membership, where unable to pay please contact finance on 948944022 to discuss fee waiver on grounds of severe financial hardship
- Playgroup memberships are ongoing until Meerilinga is notified of cancellation in writing. Please retain copies of communications. Invoices will be issued on a term basis.
Early Learning Program Payments
- All $50 administration fees are non-refundable for change of mind and must accompany all applications
- All information accompanying Application and Enrolment Forms must be correct at the time of submission
- Session fees are non-refundable for cancelled enrolments outside of 14 days require written notice
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. The Hirer accepts responsibility and agrees to pay for any loss or damage sustained during the hire period.
2. The Hirer guarantees that NO KEY entrusted to them for the duration of the hire is copied or otherwise given to any person or organisation. The Hirer is responsible for collection and return of Key. Upon collection of keys you are required to provide photo ID.
3. The following fees and charges apply if required;
- $35.00 Late return or lost keys
- Security call out at cost
- $50.00 Cleaning costs
- $50.00 Per hour for staff callout/attendance
- Effective 01/01/2021 all Casual bookings will be subject to a bond of $50.00 taken prior to booking. Bond deduction or returns will be processed within 14 days of the date of hire.
- Damage to facilities or equipment due to malicious act or negligence (Full cost of repair/replacement)
4. Full refund for cancellations more than 5 working days from hire date. For cancellations less than 5 working days we offer a voucher for 50% off your next booking to be used within 1 year.
5. All fees and charges are subject to change
6. As there may be other groups using the centre at the same time consideration is needed at all times in regard to the noise level and sharing of equipment.
7. No hirer shall be under the age of 18 years. Only rooms booked and paid for hire may be used.
8. Workplace Health and safety regulations state that there is to be a maximum number of persons in the centre at any one time. Please ask your Place Administrator.
9. Arrangements to collect and return the key for the centre must be made at the time of confirmation of the booking but are normally within two days prior and after to the booked activity.
10. Please use all centre equipment with care and stack clean tables and chairs away neatly in appropriate store areas after use.
11. Cleaning Equipment – Kitchen bins and activity room bins should be emptied after use. Green council bins are kept outside of the building. Please do not leave nappies in the inside bins. Wrap them and put in the outside bins.
12. Kitchen – For safety reasons children are not permitted in the kitchen. Please label your items in the fridge or cupboards and clean out any unused food at the end of your session. Hot drinks are not permitted into the play areas where children are present.
13. First Aid – The first aid box generally located in the kitchen, a minimum supply is provided.
14. At Centre’s with a security alarm please ensure the building is armed prior to exiting the building.
15. Smoking, Alcohol and Substances – Smoking is not permitted within the buildings, surrounds, gardens or parking areas at any time. This is a NO ALCOHOL & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE venue.
16. On leaving the premises, the Hirer must ensure that:
- No food or drinks are left on the premises.
- All rubbish is to be in a tied rubbish bag placed in the outside council bins and liners replaced.
- The premises should be left in a clean and tidy condition. Cleaning equipment is available, in storage areas as sign posted.
- All furniture and equipment is to be returned to its original place.
- All windows and doors are to be securely locked and the security activated.
- All heating and cooling, ovens, lights, fans, hot water, exhausts and electrical items must be switched off as instructed after use.
17. Misplaced Key – DO NOT LEAVE THE BUILDING UNLOCKED SHOULD YOU HAVE MISPLACED THE KEY. If this occurs, you must contact the Place Administrator of the Centre. If you have been unable to lock and secure the building you must stay at the Centre until other arrangements have been made for the locking of the Centre. Should you leave the premises unlocked then any malicious act, robbery or damage will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
18. The minimum hire is 1 hour and an hourly rate charged per hour and/or part thereof thereafter. Preparation and cleanup are calculated at time of hire and is to be included in the hire time.
19. Provision of unregistered Creche – The Hirer acknowledges the Department for Communities guidelines can be located at https://dlgc.communities.wa.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Setting-up-a-Creche.aspx these provisions must be adhered to and the Hirer accepts all responsibility.
20. Copy of Certificate of Currency for Public Liability to be supplied prior to booking confirmation if you are operating a business.
21. If you are required to have a Working with Children Check please provide a current copy prior to your hire date. If you are unsure if you require one please refer to this link: https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au/about/categories-of-child-related-work
22. COVID -19 Addendum Next Page
COVID -19 ADDENDUM
Meerilinga has implemented significant health and safety measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both our employees, the children in our care and the clients who come to our premises. However, we may not be able to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. It is everyone’s responsibility to take the appropriate measures outlined by both state and federal governments to ensure the safety of themselves and others and the following COVID-19 requirements immediately form part of the Meerilinga Casual Hire Terms and Conditions until further notice.
The Hirer will at all times, during the hire period, comply with and conform to, advertised directions in relation to gatherings and other COVID-19 Hygiene, health and safety as issued by The Australian Federal and State (WA) Governments. Refer to the following links for further information:
The Hirer will familiarise with and adhere to the requirements of Meerilinga’s COVID-19 Safety Plan as advised and displayed at the centre.
The Hirer must ensure that anyone that has potential coronavirus symptoms, must not attend the facility/work until they have been able to obtain medical advice as to their best course of action. There are to be no exceptions to this.
Some symptoms are:
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- Shortness of breath
Meerilinga is to be advised as soon as practicable of a potential or confirmed coronavirus symptoms threat. The Hirer must obtain and have available to Meerilinga or Health Authority an attendance register with names and contact details of all persons (including children and visitors) who enter the facility irrespective of being a client of the Hirer or not. The Hirer will adhere to Meerilinga’s Internal Cleaning Schedule Children and Family Centre T482 – Community Facility Hire section.
Once off hire groups will not require to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
Please note: Failure to adhere to the above will result in the Hirer being refused further bookings and or cancellation of future bookings in place.
The Hirer is to provide the following information, prior to receiving access to Meerilinga facilities:
- Hirer’s signed COVID-19 Safety Plan (http://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-business-and-industry-advice
- Written confirmation of total number of attendees (within current restrictions).
Please note: Meerilinga hire facilities may not be able to accommodate the maximum patrons allowed under COVID-19 restrictions.