Your time is the most valuable gift you can give to help others.
Get involved today and make a difference in your local community.
Volunteers make a significant contribution to Meerilinga and to the children and families they work with and we recognise that volunteers are valuable members of our team.
From helping us set up and pack down events to planting new seeds in our gardens and playtime with our early learning program children, our volunteers are an important part of our mission.
How can you help?
Some of our volunteer roles support Meerilinga in the following service areas:
- Wellbeing and nutrition
- Youth engagement
- Seniors engagement
- Playgroup and family activities
- Environment and sustainability
- Art, music and storytelling
Why volunteer with Meerilinga?
- It’s flexible. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like. We value your gift of time, no matter how big or small.
- It’s fun. You can choose to do the things you love most, while still helping others. From gardening, to attending festivals, to playing musical chairs with the children, there are so many fun options where you can lend a hand.
- It’s rewarding. You are making a positive impact in people’s lives by contributing to creating safe, healthy and inclusive spaces for children, families and the community.
- It’s a learning experience. You can share your talents, learn new skills and receive the guidance you need to expand your community work experience.
- It’s social. We celebrate our volunteers with social events throughout the year where you’ll connect with other volunteers and make new friends.
Volunteer recruitment process:
- Contact Meerilinga’s Advisor Community Development, Pat Hope, to discuss potential opportunities and receive an Application Package
- Complete and submit Application Package
- Interview with Meerilinga
- Reference Check
- Working with Children and/or Police Check. Costs to be reimbursed by Meerilinga
Call us on 0497 711 006 or (08) 9489 4022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for to learn more about volunteering opportunities at Meerilinga.